Showing 1 through 10 of 854 articles
- Tuesday, December 21, 2021 - Includes all state and federal waters from Palm Beach through Volusia counties
- Tuesday, December 21, 2021 - If you’re looking for an easy crowd pleaser, most species, from king mackerel to striped mullet, will please even the most discerning pallet when served on a cracker as part of another popular Florida tradition: smoked fish dip.
- Monday, December 20, 2021 - For more on these regulations, visit MyFWC.com/Marine and select “Recreational Regulations” or download the Fish Rules App at Instagram.com/FishRulesApp or Facebook.com/FishRulesApp.
- Monday, December 20, 2021 - The in-person meetings will be recorded and the recordings will be available on the Lake Management Plans web page after the meetings.
FWC Commissioners direct staff to move forward with draft rules allowing for the production and sale of largemouth bassThursday, December 16, 2021 - . Staff will bring final rule language before the Commission at its next meeting.
- Thursday, December 16, 2021 - As part of the Florida Trophy Bass Project, staff proposed customized management strategies focusing specifically on trophy bass production at four select waterbodies.
- Thursday, December 16, 2021 - Beginning March 1, 2022, the collection of diamondback terrapins from the wild will be prohibited with exception of collection for scientific research with a permit.
Kelly McKnight and Paul Dontenville, Assistant Statewide Prosecutors, honored as FWC Prosecutor of the YearWednesday, December 15, 2021 - McKnight and Dontenville serve as Assistant Statewide Prosecutors in Tampa for the Office of Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody.
- Wednesday, December 15, 2021 - The Shikar-Safari Club International named FWC Investigator Kevin Kleis its 2021 Wildlife Officer of the Year during the Commission meeting in Destin.
FWC approves rule language to create guidelines and criteria for the establishment of Springs Protection ZonesWednesday, December 15, 2021 - By Florida statute, the Commission has the authority to establish Springs Protection Zones that restrict the speed or operation of vessels, or that prohibit anchoring, mooring, beaching or grounding of vessels to protect or prevent specified harm to first, second and third magnitude springs and spring groups, and their associated spring runs.